Donnie Mize and Angie Hall were awakened Thursday morning by smoke filling their home near Yerkes. Within just a couple of hours the home had burned to the ground.
The two said they have only lived in there for about two weeks, and hadn’t even had the power tuned on yet. They sat in shock as they watched their new home burn, thought they said they were thankful that they had both made it out of the home without being injured.
The Krypton Fire Department was dispatched to the fire on Kentucky 451 around 9 a.m. this morning. Avawam Fire Department was also called out for mutual aid.
Power lines running across the hill above the home melted in the heat of the fire causing AEP to come out and monitor the situation.
The Herald will provide more information on this story if it becomes available.