Closures and cancellations
• Beginning today, March 24, the Fast Lane Discount Tobacco Store will be drive-through services only.
• The Vegetable Production Workshop and Garden Seed Giveaway scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, March 25, has been cancelled.
• The Hope Building’s First Home Open House celebration event scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, has been cancelled.
• Hazard Community and Technical College has been moved to online instruction through Friday, March 27. All lab classes have been postponed until then as well. Labs will resume near the end of the term. The majority of HCTC personnel will work remotely during this time, however, the college is open with limited staff and limited access to certain areas. Where permitted, HCTC is continuing to place students in clinicals for nursing and allied health classes, giving preference to students who plan to graduate this spring. Student services are being offered virtually or in a limited fashion on campus with limited staffing. All travel has been halted for staff members, including visits to other KCTCS colleges and the Versailles office.
• The Perry County Public Library will be closed through Sunday, March 29. To view available online materials during the closure, please visit the library's website at www.perrycountylibrary.org. Individuals may keep any materials that have been checked out until the library re-opens, or they can drop them in the drop-box located on the right side of the library. No late fees will be charged during the closure. The library staff will be posting updates to their Facebook page and their website.
• The Hazard-Perry County Chamber Civic Night scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, has been postponed until a later date.
• The Open House scheduled for Friday, April 3, at the Rising Center has been cancelled.
• The 25th annual Save-a-Lot Race Day scheduled for, April 4, has been cancelled.
• The “Evening with Poets- A Celebration of Professor Scott Lucero” scheduled for Thursday, April 30, at HCTC has been postponed until a later date.