As featured on
NEWPORT, Ky., April 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Ethos Laboratories®, a national leader in laboratory testing, has announced the validation of a high-throughput molecular test for the detection of key SARS-CoV-2 virus strains, including the UK (B.1.1.7), South Africa (B.1.351), Brazil (P.1) variants. These variants have been estimated to account for 40 percent of new infections in certain areas of the United States, making their accurate detection critical for ongoing public health strategies. Ethos is one of the first clinical laboratories to validate a high-throughput testing solution for the detection of emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants.
NEWPORT, Ky., April 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Ethos Laboratories®, a national leader in laboratory testing, has announced a strategic partnership with Agena® Biosciences which will leverage Agena's innovative MassARRAY MALDI-TOF platform for high throughput SARS-CoV-2 variant detection. Next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies have traditionally been employed for variant detection but due to high cost, low sample throughput and the need for extensive bioinformatics, these platforms are not well suited to high throughput testing. Given these shortcomings, scientific leadership at Ethos Laboratories began the search for alternative technologies that would facilitate high throughput variant detection that would fit with standard laboratory workflows, minimize cost, and ensure rapid testing turnaround times. After extensive review of available technologies, Ethos Laboratories selected the MassARRAY SARS-CoV-2 Variant Panel developed by Agena Biosciences which offers a low-cost, high-throughput and rapid solution for the detection of 20 unique SARS-CoV-2 genetic markers. All genetic markers in the Agena panel are spike protein mutations of concern and facilitate the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 Wuhan, UK, South African, Brazil, Cluster 5 Mink and D614G variants.
- Prince Harry meets with royals for clear-the-air talks
- ‘The Voice’ Knockouts Begin: Watch 12 Must-See Performances (VIDEO)
- ‘9-1-1: Lone Star’: Jim Parrack & Sierra McClain on Judd & Grace Falling in Love and What’s Next
- Demi Lovato apologizes to frozen yogurt store: 'I'm sorry that I got the messaging wrong'
- Morrissey's manager slams The Simpsons over 'hurtful' parody
- ‘9-1-1’ Star Jennifer Love Hewitt on Maddie & Chimney as Parents and [Spoiler’s] Recovery
- Packers draft preview: Openings available at running back behind Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon
- Prince Harry sends 'deeply personal' message to Prince Charles
- Two more named in federal drug trafficking case
- This is How Much Teachers are Paid in Kentucky
- Hazard man facing numerous charges after allegedly fleeing from police, nearly hitting bystanders with vehicle
- Report: Kentucky state workers claimed unemployment benefits for themselves
- Cardi B accuses social media users of living in 'Twitterlina'
- White House grades Kentucky’s infrastructure at C-minus
- Shooting leaves one dead, one injured in Perry County; arrest made
- ‘Week of the Young Child’ events underway
- Cillian Murphy leads tributes to Helen McCrory
- Lamar Odom turned to Kobe Bryant to escape his gambling woes